Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Garden 2012

A welcomed  summer rain
This is the before garden , we took out trees and
 added a lot of plants plus changed trim color to blue

I love Roses and these ever bloomer Knock Out Roses do not disappoint
I had to try her, she is a climber, scented, and thornless/ Zephirine Drouhine
Scooby looking out over the Lavender and Boxwoods
Clematis peering over the fence
 Lavender, Tickseed, and Yarrow greet visitors
Lambs Ears,Mums, and Sedum  filling in

The Garden : Easily I can break the budget buying plants for our garden and when someone gives me the right plant, well, I am ecstatic. I go crazy at local plant sales, and when I am on vacation, I try to visit garden centers.  Sadness arrives when frost, drought, and other weather conditions  affect the plant's health. Anger arrives as the Japanese Beetles, slugs, etc attack my roses, plum bushes, and mock orange. Last summer, was the worse I've seen for  Beetle Invasion. While this year's drought had obvious disadvantages, there were a few benefits; fewer mosquitoes and Japanese Beetles were lessened. We saw our yard frog more often, as he was probably looking for water, and it was easier to keep up with trimming and weeding.
Shasta Daisies and Stella D'Oro near the lampost
Plenty of Lavender, cut and shared with neighbors
Our resident frog looking at Scooby
Sunbathing and watching Scooby too.
and Scooby watching them!
Roses, Peonies, Bachelor Buttons, Irises
 
  
Hydrangeas and ferns creeping out from under the Weeping Cherry

Joining the Garden Party at Fishtail Cottage and

Linking with:




  • 16 comments:

    1. thank you. I truly enjoyed my "walk" through your garden. It is beautiful! And I am amazed that you got such a good photo of the frog and rabbit! Scooby looks like a lovely garden companion.

      ReplyDelete
    2. It's a good thing you have Scooby helping you stay safe! Thanks for sharing your blues.

      Happy Blue Monday!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm loving your garden and choice of plant material. You certainly have a green thumb. Our Knock Outs have started blooming again, since the temps have cooled down and we've had some rain. I'm visiting from The Tablesacper and enjoyed seeing Scooby enjoying "his" garden.
      Babs

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love, love all the flowers.. So beautiful!

      Visiting from Blue Monday- hope you can stop by..

      http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/08/toy-story-sharpa-blanket.html

      ReplyDelete
    5. Beautiful garden.

      Visiting from Blue Monday..
      Elephant Ride is my BLUE, would be delighted for your comment. Have a great week ahead.

      ReplyDelete
    6. You have a beautiful garden with lovely flowers.

      ReplyDelete
    7. What ever your doing, your doing
      it right! Your garden and it's
      flowering plants are so happy!
      Now, tell me about your climbing
      rose bush.. I planted a Blaze of
      Glory, in a 60 gal container back
      in April.. followed the instructions
      to a T and although it's about 6' tall now it's not happy!? Yellowing
      leaves? Help, your climber is so beautiful....
      thanks
      Sandy

      ReplyDelete
    8. Your garden is gorgeous. I'm so envious of all the beautiful sun loving plants you grow. I wasn't bothered by the Japanese Beetles this year. I think it's because I got rid of the Virginia Creeper that they love and totally decimated each year. I made a pledge to water the garden more this year, and I have noticed a HUGE difference! Things are still green this late in the year - go figure:)

      ReplyDelete
    9. Your garden is beautiful!!!! Wow, I love it. My hubby and I just celebrated our 25th anniversary in Feb. Your newest follower. LOVE your blog! :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. WOW!! Your gardens are BEAUTIFUL!!!
      I love to garden and my gardens are usually very pretty and do very well. This year.... we had (are still having) a severe drought and temps well over 100 degrees for weeks at a time. My gardens have never looked this bad. Blooms were small and leaves turned brown. I am so disappointed.
      I don't know where you live.... but your gardens are amazing. So many beautiful blooms. I'm jealous!!
      I've been happily married for many years, too. Congrat's! to you! and Happy 25th!!
      Best,
      Elizabeth

      ReplyDelete
    11. loving your walkway! would love to have you link up to the garden party going on over here at Fishtail Cottage...hope to see you! xoxo, tracie

      ReplyDelete
    12. Your garden is BEAUTIFUL!! I can see how much time you've put into it! The picture of your house before you put in your garden is identical to my sister-in-laws house in Westlake, Oh. Funny!

      ReplyDelete
    13. wow..you have an amazing garden. I am new to gardening and just 3 years in...Michelle

      ReplyDelete
    14. oh my, wow, what lovely landscaping you did. wish i have that skills. sorry for the l8 visit, hope you could visit my Blue Monday here: http://www.memorylanebymel.com/memory-lane-monday-27-clinton-square-park-travels-at-syracuse-part-1/

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!