Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rise 'n' Shine Saturday

     Don't you love walking through fabric shops? This bold pattern was calling me..RELENTLESSLY.  The printed plaid is called Malaga Orchard. I purchased enough to make a new kitchen curtain and tablecloth. After sewing them, I went to work on setting my new table. Pfaltzgraff Pistoulet perfectly matched the colorful plaids and I was thrilled to finally have the right linen to compliment my old stand bys. In fact, the only new thing is the fabric.

The egg holders were a found at a thrift store. The rooster votives were a clerance item at Yankee candle shop.
 


Saturdays are Make your own Oatmeal mornings! The old rooster tray, part of a set was found for $1.99. It holds the oatmeal, cran- cherries, brown sugar, and cinnamon together and organized for breakfast. Just before eating, more oatmeal mixings are  added; bananas, sliced strawberries, and chopped pecans. We love uncomplicated on Saturdays.
  

 

List of Links

13 comments:

  1. The bright colors in that fabric DOES make for a fabulous tablecloth! The plaid is perfect for a breakfast, brunch, lunch or casual dinner. Amazing how well the colors complement your dishes!!! This definitely makes me think spring! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that spring finds its way to your neck of the woods sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. I love eastern and I'm doing small hats to my egg. Thank you for your nice comment and yes all pictures are taken by me in our home.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table, beautiful colors and a touch of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little chickens are right at home with those beautiful dishes...so inviting...I am a new follower and I will be back again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bit of whimsy. the cute chick dishes and the plaid tablecloth.
    want those dishes lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute fun table. I love your dishes, and those precious little peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colors are wonderful! You couldn't have a bad day if it started out at this cheerful table. The fabric is perfect for your dish pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a small "fredags kul" and you are welcome.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So bright and cheery! It's wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inviting Saturday morning table setting. I also love Pistoulet. How perfect is that fabric you found for the tablecloth! New to your blog through Tablescape Thursday where I eyed your lovely Pistoulet setting. I've joined your blog and look forward to being here often.

    ReplyDelete


  11. Cool and fun table..everything looks so pretty.love your rooster tray.....Lovely creation...:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!