Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pink Depression Glass Lunch



Pink Depression Glass

Friendship Luncheon

     Depression Glass is transclucent glassware that was made during the Depression Era. Quaker Oats Company even gave a piece away in their boxes of  cereal! They were used as enticements or thank you gifts to a business's customers. Its a translucent colored glass that was proudly made in the U.S.. I would love to open a box of cereal today and take out a glass! Imagine...
Wanting to invite some friends over for lunch, I brought out the pink glass.

The menu:
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Greens with garlic/raspberry vinaigrette
Chocolate dipped Strawberries
Lime Sherbet w/Knox Blox hearts

Blue strips of paper describe what goes in each piece.

Admittedly the table was depression glass over kill, but it looked better than it photographed.

The photos look more amber than pink, but they are pink :( The tumblers are glasses found at a close out store, not depression era.


The photos look more amber than pink, but it is pink.


beginning to set the table...





Sherbet  glass



tiny glass hearts dotted the table
Food labels placed inside for a quick set up 

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely table...save me one of those yummy looking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely table setting!! Beautiful pink depressin glass! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely luncheon for a neighbor. Your pink depression dishes make a beautiful birthday table. happy Pink sat.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tablesetting. Love seeing your pink depression glass. I have one piece, a cake plate, that was passed down from my grandmother to my mother and now to me. I'll pull it out and use it for Valentine's Day. Happy Pink Saturday to you. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I wish I was your neighbor! LOVELY and you know I LOVE pink depression glass! and YUM
    your menu sounds so good.mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very nice! I would like to copy your idea of placing the white doily under the pink depression glass next time I do a table with mine. It helps the pink pattern show up better & I don't know why I never thought of it.

    You have some beautiful pieces...I love the serving plate with the curly handle. I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Most of mine belonged to my Mother but I add a few pieces when I find them.

    Thanks for sharing & I hope you have another birthday lunch for your sweet neighbor this year. Wish I was closer...I'd join in.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink glass. It makes a very pretty taken.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty table. Love the pink glass. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!