Friday, March 23, 2012

Flopsie, Mopsie, and Easter Traditions Easter Palooza part 2

Among our Easter Holiday traditions, I'd like to present Flopsie, Mopsie, and their family. Inspired by an artist on an Easter craft episode of Martha Stewart. ( I am always inspired by all things Martha)  Jennifer Murphy was showing how to make adorable pom animals that she sold on the internet. My daughter, 12 at the time, and I sat down to try it, along with my mom.  Falling in love with them, we have been making our own version ,as part of the easter to-dos ever since. They delight the family, the students at school, and friends who visit us. Try making them Lately I am having trouble locating flat deep blue beads or even seeds for the eyes. Oh!! Can anyone share a source for me to purchase more flat beads for eyes ?


The girls are homemade yarn poms, their clothing are cupcake papers, the rest are craft beads , flowers , and ribbons.



Pom ducks wiggle eyes and orange felt trianles for beak. Orange pipecleaners twisted for feet.
 





In looking up my inspiration, artist, Jennifer Murphy, I saw there is a how-to lesson on her website site. I hesitate to copy paste it, as I am not sure what can be legally " re blogged".
Happy Spring time everyone! Posing to some of my faves, and a new favorite: 



15 comments:

  1. Oh so cute little rabbit's. Have a nice weekend.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What darling little creations! Looks like you're all ready for the holiday. My kiddos would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supercute!
    I love each and every one of these!
    Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling job. I love them. I haven't made these in years. I just used the poms you can buy. But I think the hand made poms gives your's way more personality. I hope I can find your inspiration's site. I'm not sure about all of that pinning and tagging either. I do know there has been alot of conversation about it on pinterest. For now I'll just check with the owner before I re blog pin or anything else. Thx for sharing your cuties.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcake rabbits are adorable, very sweet.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so cool! So creative:)

    Visiting for color connection- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/2012/03/her-first-bicycle.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww they are all adorable!


    Visiting from color connection
    Pyromusical Competition

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! I will feature these this week on Home Sweet Home! I am also pinning them to my newest Pinterst board "Things to keep the kids busy." Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried Fire Mountain Gems or Artbeads? Not affiliated in any way, just buy from both of these--they have amazing selections! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!

    So great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Hope you'll join me this week too.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little bunnies are so cute! I absolutely LOVE them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you pom animals. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does not get any cuter than that! made me smile. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute! I'm part of a bunny swap this month so i think this may just be the bunny I make!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm stopping by from Debbie-Doo's ...

    These are so adorable! And the cupcake papers for skirts? Genius!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!