Saturday, January 28, 2012

50 Reasons of Love

Happy Pink Saturday!
Found this heart at Walgreens, they were 2/$8.00.

 
 




A request arrived to ask me to talk about the jar on my Valentine's Day tablescape, delighted to explain. Don't you love this Day? It is the best time to focus on the ones we love and show them; candy, flowers, messages on pillows... and the best gifts are the ones from our heart. This Valentine's Day gift jar for my husband , made last year, has become part of our Holiday decor. He loves it and has read each note over again. The notes inside include messages of his greatness as a father, his faith, our experiences over the last 25 years, his forgiving nature, wisdom, and enduring qualities , and so on...50 was just the starting point for this ongoing project, the jar will have 25 MORE reasons inside this Valentine's Day. It's easy to write them if you think of them in topics. ex: the time he took you fishing, his volunteerisms, driving vacations with kids in the car, the little things that go unnoticed each day...  He 'll be surprised and who wouldn't be happy to read how appreciated for their daily choices to make their family happy. This year I am planning to do something similar for our children (they are in college). While I have the words all put together, I haven't figured out the presentation for them yet...ie a jar like their fathers or some other idea. Any suggestions?? Happy Valentines Day to you!!






Some have stick figure drawings...

9 comments:

  1. Love this! I hope you don't mind me borrowing this idea for Valentines Day. Hugs,Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday!

    My PINK, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love your heart jar...you may have a lot of borrowers of your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, Sunny! I will be borrowing it, too! What a wonderful way to remind our loved ones how special they are to us!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    xoxo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a good idea! I love the heart jar! I'm thinking this would be PERFECT for my husband!

    Hmm, not sure how to present to your kids - maybe something more discreet they can have at college without anyone else being able to tell so they can look at them when they are having a bad day and need their mom? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very loving and thoughtful idea for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be a great addition to The Pretty Packages Party! Would love for you to stop by and link up!
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/pretty-packages-party-12.html
    Smiles!
    Jami
    The Blackberry Vine

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I made something similar for my daddy when I was a kid. Yours is perfect! Thank you so much for linking up to the Pretty Packages Party. The March Pretty Packages Party will begin tonight at 9:00 PM CST. Hope you'll stop by again!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!