Saturday, June 1, 2013

Early Summer Garden

Early summer is when my roses love me back the most. Like the petit reynard in Le Petit Prince, I wait and anticipate the arrival of buds. Then I know the rose buds are just around the corner. By May the buds are opening to release a fragrance that wafts through the warm air.




The backside of the fence and the climber is a rugosa. Its been perfect weather conditions for her this year. Several under plantings of clematis have also proved to be good neighbors . Plus as they grow up thru the rose stems, they offer color when roses are rejuvenating themselves.
Japanese Irises compliment her color and get along well as neighbors.Below, Peonies are a great pairing in bouquets. Plus, who doesn't love their scent.




 Everyone should place banana peels in their soil around the base of the rose plant. The sent is wonderful!

Zephirine Drouhine thornless, fragrant, even tolerates shade










Sniff her..Ahhhhhhh




Linking with some of my faves:



6 comments:

  1. Your garden is beautiful.I would love to have a rose filled arch like yours. I need to find shade tolerant roses. The Zeherine sounds like a winner. I have never heard of putting banana peel beneath roses. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious garden you have. Your flowers and simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden and lovely pictures! Here in Lovisa, in the south of Finland, we have so called "open gardens" for every one interested to visit 2.6, 9.6 and 4.8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, I will visit. Finland is such an incredibly beautiful place! Thanks for visiting. huggs, Dianna

      Delete
  4. Ma che giardino meraviglioso e che bellissima descrizione. Mi piacerebbe avere un giardino così. Grazie per essere passata nel mio blog La magia delle pietre. Con grande piacere sono diventata tua follower.

    A presto Licia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Licia, My pleasure and thank you for stopping by too! huggs, Dianna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!