Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Breathing life into DUSTY OLD THINGS

Inspired by recycled old bicycles and a love for flowers, I began to look for one of my own. There were posts everywhere, people selling bikes, old ones, new ones, vintage, which I learned is different from old ones...the prices were insane. Prices ran into the hundreds! My husband and I went antiquing in Ohio's Amish Country and at the last stop,BOOM , there she was. Leaning on an old fence in the rain...with a broken chain. She was messy,  but not as much as the rust bucket leaning next to her. 
I was guessing that she had lived a productive life by her rickety chain, flattened tires, and rust spots. However her frame was in great shape! She cost me $24.00. 
Returning home, I ran to the hardware store for Rustoleum Cornflower Blue spray paint. After cleaning the rust, she was given 3 coats all over. 

I also picked up an old basket for the handle bars, sprayed it as well. The seat was sticky and breaking down from being outside. I covered it and the basket in blue gingham. Found a basket to for the back and she was ready to go.
 Leaving the chain adds something.
I decided to name her...JUDY,      JUDY THE BEAUTY! 😉

                                                                    
  
There it is , another Dusty, Old Thing repurposed . 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!